Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Yeah so...

Been gone for a while. This is not a personal blog, but I can't not talk about it. Almost three months ago, my 21 year old sister was in a car wreck and passed away. It's been a horrific summer, to say the very least. Needless to say, updating this blog and other relatively useless tasks have fallen by the wayside.
But after a while, you do have to push forward, pick up, not "move on" per se, but move along, continue with life, and shoulder the completely unfair, terrible reality while remembering all the good times.
I'm fortunate to have a big, loving family and friends. Those who know me personally know that the third part of that equation in my life is music. And music has really helped me through this. My other favorite group aside from the Jaxx is Massive Attack, and their new EP is so beautiful and so amazing, it's really helped.
And of course Scars is here in a matter of days. That title has some very personal meaning now. Funnily enough, "Feeling's Gone" did not impress me in the slightest when I first heard it. But shortly after the wreck, the song really gave me some good vibes, and I love it now; it's very comforting. Thanks to Simon and Felix for making it.
I'll be posting more updates now - there's a good amount of Jaxx activity going on. And I will be getting back to what this blog was originally intended to be - a catalog and review of Jaxx music from the beginning. Bear with me - I miss my sister so much.

3 comments:

Greg Lewis said...

God bless you and be with you in your time of need.

Unknown said...

Good to have you back in the game. Sorry to hear about your loss man.

Cheers,

Morgan
http://www.strictlysocial.com
Twitter: @strictlysocial

Wishbone said...

Sorry to hear your news man. Thoughts are with you. God Bless